Virtual Classrooms Go Live!
For the next 8 weeks (and until further government notice) this course will be delivered live through a virtual platform. All courses are delivered through Zoom which allows us to stream HD-quality video of our courses direct to your laptop, desktop or tablet. These courses are limited to a maximum of 4 people. Learn more about Virtual Classrooms.
|Jul 15, 2020||Virtual Classroom||Special offer: £189 (not £219)||Book Now|
|Jul 30, 2020||Virtual Classroom||Special offer: £189 (not £219)||Book Now|
Discover how to use Twitter to engage, promote, listen and more.
Our Twitter Workshop is an intensive, one-day, hands-on course aimed primarily at beginner-level users. We have been using and advising clients on how to use Twitter for around 10 years and this course will show you how to set up Twitter correctly, Tweet like a pro, use it for different business activities, listen to conversations, build a following and measure its effectiveness.
On completion of this 1-day course you will:
- Understand the fundamentals of Twitter
- Know how to change/update all aspects of your account: bio, headers, profile pics, settings
- Be able to create effective tweets using text, image and video
- Understand how to effectively use hashtags, retweets, comments and lists
- Learn how to grow your followers
- Twitter and Social Media
- What organisations are using Twitter and why?
- What are your objectives for using Twitter?
Twitter Basics and Set Up
- The dashboard
- Tweets, retweets and notifications
- Following and Followers
- Crafting a Twitter name and Bio
- Selecting/creating a suitable header and profile photo
The Art of Tweeting Part 1
- Create plain text tweets
- Add links
- Learn how to reply to and mention Twitter users
- Discuss and use retweets effectively
How to Build a Following
- How to tap into your existing customer base
- Use the various digital marketing tools to drive traffic
- Reaching out to others and collaborating
Listening and Managing
- What you should be looking out for
- Learning to respond and engage
- Using Twitter Advanced Search
- Evaluating and using 3rd party apps
- Scheduling tweets
- The importance of a Twitter Calendar
The Art of Tweeting Part 2:
- How are companies crafting their tweets
- Delve deeper into Tweet etiquette
- Understanding, finding and creating hashtags
- Using shortened & custom URL’s
- Creating and adding images and video
- 30 techniques to guarantee better engagement and activity
Monitoring and Advertising
- Twitter's Analytics package
- Discover how you tweet better
- Find the optimum times to tweet
- Consider how to use Twitter with Google Analytics
Twitter and Your Company
- How to further develop your strategy
- How to get further buy in from directors, managers & the staff
- Defining the boundaries for your Twitter activity
- Social Media/Twitter policy for your organisation
Our Cardiff courses are charged out at a standard fee of £219 +VAT per person (Early Bird offers exist) and our London prices are £329 +VAT (Early Bird offers exist). The price includes:
- Course material
- Access to a password-protected Twitter area on our website which features videos, articles, podcasts, videocasts, PowerPoint slides, book links and more.
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- If you have 2 or more staff attending we can offer a discount (not applicable to Early Bird pricing). For numbers above 5, you may want to look at our In-House courses.
- Get 10% off course bookings if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird pricing).
Courses start at 9.00 am, though we ask delegates to arrive at the venue between 8.45 - 9.00. The courses end at 4.30 pm and lunch is usually taken at 12.30 pm with tea and coffee breaks mid morning and mid afternoon. To work out your travel times, please see the venue addresses below. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know.
Cardiff location (training)
Our principal training venue is located in the offices of Liberty Marketing in Cardiff Business Park, Llanishen. This location is conveniently located between the M4 (junction 32) and Cardiff City Centre, making it easily accessible from Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, the valleys and South West England. Please note on occasion our training venues may be located in Cardiff City centre (always check the events page for correct location).
Find out how to get to the Cardiff Business Park venue.
London location (training)
The venue for the workshop is in the heart of London and therefore ideal for transport links. We hold the training at either Portland Place or Holborn Bars in London. Both venues offer free wifi, teas/coffees and a sit-down lunch in a restaurant on-site.
Computers are NOT available at Cardiff or London venues. We are able to source laptops but would have to charge for this. However, there is complementary, fast wi-fi access available throughout the venue.
Should your organisation require, we can arrange to have the workshop delivered either at your location or a venue closer to your workplace. Check out our In-House page for more details.