If you have completed our Social Media Course then our beginner-level Mobile Video for Social Media course is ideal for you. It is designed to give you the knowledge and tools to start creating successful, eye catching and effective video on Social Media channels like Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter. It's hands-on nature means that you learn whilst doing and much of the day is spent recording and editing.
|Jul 11, 2019||Central Cardiff||Early Bird £215||Book Today|
|Aug 15, 2019||Central Cardiff||Early Bird £215||Book Today|
|Sep 19, 2019||Central Cardiff||Early Bird £215||Book Today|
|Mar 15 2019||Holborn Bars, London||Early Bird £275||Book Today|
|Time: 9.45 am - 4.30 pm. Lunch/refreshments included. * Prices ex. VAT. Early Bird price Cardiff: £215; Standard price: £245. Early Bird price London: £275; Standard price: £295|
You will learn the following:
- How to film and edit a crafted video package with music, subtitles, voice over and a piece to camera
- How to frame an interview and piece to camera
- Interview and presentation skills
- The equipment needed to create professional looking video
- What to write and how to script an engaging voice-over
- The ideal video durations and demographics for different platforms
- Where to get free to use music, images and video
- Apps that enable you to create short graphic sequences, time-lapse footage and turn your device into an autocue
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at people from a wide range of organisations: including public sector to private sector, education and charities. People from marketing, sales, customer care and the technical departments will all find this course of interest. If you are involved with your organisation's social media activities, this course may prove invaluable
Delegates rates for Cardiff courses start at £165 (+VAT) and for London £265 per person and include:
- Course material
- Over the next month or so we will create a password-protected area where you can access latest slides and self-help guide, along with links to useful resources and videos.
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- Get 15% off course bookings if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird discounts)
- If you have 2 or more staff attending, we can offer a discount of 10% (off the standard NOT Early Bird rate).
Courses start at 9.45 am, though we ask delegates to arrive at the venue by 9.30. The courses end at 4.30 pm and lunch is usually taken at 12.30 pm with tea and coffee breaks mid morning and mid afternoon. To work out your travel times, please see the venue addresses below. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know
Our principle training venue is Cardiff Gate Business Park, though this can chage from month-to-month (please note the venue from the table above). This location is situated on Junction 30 of the M4 making it ideal for those travelling from Cardiff, Newport, the South West England, West Wales and the South Wales Valleys. Our CIM and CAM courses generally take place here, along with 1-day workshops.
Find out how to get to this location
London location (training)
The venue for the workshop is in the heart of London and therefore ideal for transport links. We hold the training at either Portland Place or Holborn Bars in London. Both venues offer free wifi, teas/coffees and a sit-down lunch in a restaurant on-site.
About your tutor
Your tutor for the day has over 10 years’ experience of shooting, producing, directing and editing video for advertising and social media. He runs his own Cardiff-based production company called as well as working as the Digital Marketing Manager at one of Wales' universities. He is an expert in content marketing, combining creative production techniques with marketing and social strategy and his campaigns have even been awarded top honours in the CIM Marketing Excellence Awards.
I would say the course today has exceeded my expectations and I would definitely recommend it to other people.
Oswyn, National Lottery
I thought the course was fantastic. I don't use IT a huge amount and I was worried that I wouldn't keep up but it was so easy to follow, the software is so intuitive and it was fascinating, you could make stuff really really quickly and I definitely want to learn more. I'll be back in on the course on day 2!