Virtual Classrooms Go Live!
For the next few months this course will be delivered live through a virtual platform. All courses are delivered through Zoom which allows us to stream HD-quality video of our courses direct to your laptop, desktop or tablet. These courses are limited to a maximum of 6 people. Learn more about Virtual Classrooms.
|Nov 27, 2020||Virtual Classroom||Early Bird: £179 (not £219)||Book Now|
|Dec 18, 2020||Virtual Classroom||Early Bird: £179 (not £219)||Book Now|
|Jan 12, 2021||Virtual Classroom||Early Bird: £179 (not £219)||Book Now|
|Time: 9.15 am - 4.30 pm. Lunch/refreshments included. Prices ex. VAT. 10% discount for 2 or more delegates*.|
Learn to report, measure and improve website activity on our 1-day workshop.
On this hands-on Google Analytics Training Course we will explore Google Analytics from account set-up, to looking at how the interface works, understanding how to interpret metrics and dimensions, creating dashboards and on to its more advanced reporting capabilities. The course is designed to help you better understand the activities of your website visitors to improve their user engagement and increase conversions
Modules covered on the day
Introduction to Analytics
- What is Analytics and why do we use it?
- Why is it beneficial to organisations?
Account Structure and Analytics Implementation
- What are properties, views, dimensions and metrics?
- Learn the key concepts: e,g. sessions, users and page views.
- Considering and defining online goals (micro and macro goals).
Understanding the Analytics Interface
- How to use the date and graph selector.
- Learn to use primary and secondary dimension selectors.
- Tips on how to use and understand reporting in tables.
- Creating/emailing dashboards, widgets and reports.
- Understanding where visitors come from.
- Exploring your key channels.
- Understanding where Google's Search console fits in.
- Dimensions and Metrics in standard reports.
- What are the characteristics and reporting features of main reports:
Standard Reports - Conversions
- Aligning business and marketing objectives to Analytics.
- Micro and Macro goals.
- Events - tracking on-page events (pdf's, videos, links, etc)
- Goal flow and visualisation.
Segments & Customisation
- How to create segments.
- Understanding & creating custom reports
- How to set up custom alerts.
- Review and recap.
- Q & A.
Who is it aimed at?
This course is aimed at beginner to intermediate-level students, who have a basic understanding of what Google Analytics is but would like to further develop their knowledge. People from marketing, sales, customer care and the technical departments will all find this course of interest.
Delegates rates for Cardiff courses start from £179 (+VAT) and for London £279 per person and include:
- Course material
- Access to a password-protected Google Analytics blog which features videos, articles, podcasts, videocasts, PowerPoint slides, book links and more.
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- Get 10% off course bookings if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird discounts).
- If you have 2 or more staff attending, we can offer a discount (off the Standard NOT Early Bird rate).
Courses start at 9.00 am, though we ask delegates to arrive at the venue between 8.45 - 9.00. The courses end at 4.30 pm and lunch is usually taken at 12.30 pm with tea and coffee breaks mid morning and mid afternoon. To work out your travel times, please see the venue addresses below. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know.
Cardiff location (training)
Our principal training venue is located in the offices of Liberty Marketing in Cardiff Business Park, Llanishen. This location is conveniently located between the M4 (junction 32) and Cardiff City Centre, making it easily accessible from Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, the valleys and South West England. Please note on occasion our training venues may be located in Cardiff City centre (always check the events page for correct location).
Find out how to get to the Cardiff Business Park venue.
London location (training)
The venue for the workshop is in the heart of London and therefore ideal for transport links. We hold the training at either Portland Place or Holborn Bars in London. Both venues offer free wifi, teas/coffees and a sit-down lunch in a restaurant on-site.
Computers are NOT available at Cardiff or London venues. We are able to source laptops but would have to charge for this. However, there is complementary, fast wi-fi access available throughout the venue.
Should your organisation require, we can arrange to have the workshop delivered either at your location or a venue closer to your workplace. Check out our In-House page for more details.
For those who have been, or are about to be made redundant, you may well be eligible for funding from the Welsh Government ReAct Scheme. Visit our funding page to find out more information.
Book online today
* Discounts of 10% available off standard (not Early Bird) pricing for charities or for 2 or more people.