Learn to report, measure and improve website activity on our 1-day workshop.
On this hands-on Google Analytics Training Course we will explore Google Analytics from account set-up, to looking at how the interface works, understanding how to interpret metrics and dimensions, creating dashboards and on to its more advanced reporting capabilities. The course is designed to help you better understand the activities of your website visitors to improve their user engagement and increase conversions.
|Dec 18, 2018||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275 (not £295)||Book Now|
|Jan 22, 2019||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275 (not £295)||Book Now|
|Feb 19, 2019||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275 (not £295)||Book Now|
|Mar 19, 2019||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275 (not £295)||Book Now|
|Apr 16, 2019||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275 (not £295)||Book Now|
|Dec 20, 2018||Cardiff Business Park, Cardiff||Early Bird: £175 (Not £195)||Book Now|
|Jan 30, 2019||Cardiff Business Park, Cardiff||Early Bird: £175 (Not £195)||Book Now|
|Mar 8, 2019||Cardiff Business Park, Cardiff||Early Bird: £175 (Not £195)||Book Now|
|Apr 8, 2019||Cardiff Business Park, Cardiff||Early Bird: £175 (Not £195)||Book Now|
|Time: 9.15 am - 4.30 pm. Lunch/refreshments included. Prices ex. VAT. 10% discount for 2 or more delegates*.|
Modules covered on the day
Introduction to Analytics
- What is Analytics and why do we use it?
- Why is it beneficial to organisations?
Account Structure and Analytics Implementation
- What are properties, views, dimensions and metrics?
- Learn the key concepts: e,g. sessions, users and page views.
- Considering and defining online goals (micro and macro goals).
Understanding the Analytics Interface
- How to use the date and graph selector.
- Learn to use primary and secondary dimension selectors.
- Tips on how to use and understand reporting in tables.
- Creating/emailing dashboards, widgets and reports.
- Understanding where visitors come from.
- Exploring your key channels.
- Understanding where Google's Search console fits in.
- Dimensions and Metrics in standard reports.
- What are the characteristics and reporting features of main reports:
Standard Reports - Conversions
- Aligning business and marketing objectives to Analytics.
- Micro and Macro goals.
- Events - tracking on-page events (pdf's, videos, links, etc)
- Goal flow and visualisation.
Segments & Customisation
- How to create segments.
- Understanding & creating custom reports
- How to set up custom alerts.
- Review and recap.
- Q & A.
Who is it aimed at?
This course is aimed at beginner to intermediate-level students, who have a basic understanding of what Google Analytics is but would like to further develop their knowledge. People from marketing, sales, customer care and the technical departments will all find this course of interest.
Delegates rates for Cardiff courses start from £175 (+VAT) and for London £275 per person and include:
- Course material
- Access to a password-protected Google Analytics blog which features videos, articles, podcasts, videocasts, PowerPoint slides, book links and more.
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- Get 10% off course bookings if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird discounts).
- If you have 2 or more staff attending, we can offer a discount (off the Standard NOT Early Bird rate).
Courses start at 9.00 am, though we ask delegates to arrive at the venue between 8.45 - 9.00. The courses end at 4.30 pm and lunch is usually taken at 12.30 pm with tea and coffee breaks mid morning and mid afternoon. To work out your travel times, please see the venue addresses below. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know.
Our principle training venue is Cardiff Gate Business Park. This location is situated on Junction 30 of the M4 making it ideal for those travelling from Cardiff, Newport, the South West England, West Wales and the South Wales Valleys. Our CIM and CAM courses generally take place here, along with 1-day workshops.
Find out how to get to this location
London location (training)
The venue for the workshop is in the heart of London and therefore ideal for transport links. We hold the training at either Portland Place or Holborn Bars in London. Both venues offer free wifi, teas/coffees and a sit-down lunch in a restaurant on-site.
Computers are NOT available at the London venue but usually are at the Cardiff venue (please check with us beforehand to find out if you need to bring a laptop). We are able to provide laptops but would have to charge for this. However, there is complementary, fast wi-fi access available throughout the venue.
Should your organisation require, we can arrange to have the workshop delivered either at your location or a venue closer to your workplace. Check out our In-House page for more details.
For those who have been, or are about to be made redundant, you may well be eligible for funding from the Welsh Government ReAct Scheme. Visit our funding page to find out more information.
Book online today
* Discounts of 10% available off standard (not Early Bird) pricing for charities or for 2 or more people.