Applied Marketing is a 17-credit mandatory module of CIM's Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing. To gain the CIM Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing, a pass in Applied Marketing, Planning Campaigns plus Customer Insights is required. If studied as a standalone module, the CIM Level 4 Award in Applied Marketing (VRQ) can be achieved. Students can start the qualification with any of 3 modules.
In this module, you will learn about the role of marketing in the organisation and the key concepts that underpin the activities of the marketer. You will explore the marketing environment, customer behaviour in the digital age, market research and the marketing planning process. This will include the marketing mix and a tactical planning framework to aid marketing effectiveness.
|Applied Marketing||Apr 30-May 1, 2020||£500|
|All 3 modules||Throughout the year||£1500*|
|Courses start at 9.00 am and end at 4.30 pm; lunch and refreshments are included. Prices exclude VAT and CIM Membership and Assessment costs. * Includes FREE Analytics 1/2 day Masterclass. Each module takes place over 2 consecutive days.|
The module comprises three units with two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by way of examination. The examination will comprise multiple-choice questions to be completed in a controlled assessment.
The Marketing Concept
- Understand the contribution of marketing to the organisation
- Know what influences customer behaviour across a range of contexts
Analysis and Insight
- Understand the factors and trends in the marketing environment and how they affect marketing
- Know a range of options for gathering relevant marketing information
- Understand the application of the marketing mix within different marketing contexts
- Know how to apply and adapt the marketing mix to satisfy customer needs and business goals
The examination will comprise of multiple-choice questions to be completed in a controlled assessment.
How long will it take to study?
- The Total Qualification Time (TQT) per module is 170 hours.
- TQT includes guided learning hours, practical and work-based learning, assessment preparation time, assessment time and supported self-study time.
There are three assessment sessions per year.
Each of the modules are delivered from Cardiff Business Park (Llanishen) and students benefit from:
- Two days' attendance
- Experience - all 3 of our tutors have over 40 years' experience of delivering CIM courses
- Support - we provide post-course support right up to the time you do your assessment and online test
- Limited course numbers (often 6-8 delegates)
- Online learning - comprising notes, slides, activities, links and digital marketing updates
- Monthly delivery - every month we deliver one of the modules
Download and print off our Level 4 Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing brochure.
How much does it cost?
Our qualifications and bite-size awards represent a sound investment in your future and your employer may therefore be willing to sponsor you.
The full cost of the Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing is £1500 +VAT (payable to the Study Centre). This cost also includes a complimentary 1/2-day Google Analytics Masterclass (worth £100) which you can attend anytime in your first year (applicable to those booking from July 2018). The CIM costs are £150 per assessment (3 in total) and a yearly membership fee of £65. You should allocate a £40-50 spend on books. If you are self-financing, there may also be payment options open to you. Please speak to our CIM co-ordinator on 02920 005778 regarding this.
If you study one or two individual modules the cost per module is £500 + VAT.