Marketing is a 15-credit mandatory module of CIM's Certificate in Professional Marketing. To gain the CIM Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing, a pass in BOTH mandatory modules plus ONE elective module is required. However, each module can be taken as a standalone module to gain a module award. Students can start the qualification with any of 3 modules.
This module is about recognising the importance of marketing’s role in driving success and delivering results. It provides the knowledge and understanding of the function of marketing within the organisation and demonstrates how an appreciation of customer behaviour can enable effective targeting. It outlines an understanding of how external environmental influences affect planning and how information enables decision making. It outlines the elements of the marketing mix and how these are applied to address market and customer needs
|1||Marketing||Sept 6-7, 2018||£500|
|2||Marketing||Dec, 2018 TBC||£500|
|All 3 modules||Throughout the year||£1440*|
|Courses start at 9.00 am and end at 4.30 pm; lunch and refreshments are included. Prices exclude VAT and CIM Membership and Assessment costs. * Includes FREE Analytics 1/2 day Masterclass. Each module takes place over 2 consecutive days.|
The Marketing Concept
- Understand the role and function of marketing
- Understand what influences customer /consumer behaviour
Analysis and Insight
- Identify factors and trends in the marketing environment and how they affect marketing planning
- Identify options for gathering relevant marketing information
- Know the elements of the marketing mix
- Apply and adapt the marketing mix to satisfy customer needs
Exam: Multiple-choice questions to be completed in a controlled assessment.
How long will it take to study?
Notional learning time is the amount of time expected to take, on average, to complete the learning outcomes of a module to the standard defined by the assessment criteria. This includes:
– Guided learning hours
– Practical and work-based learning – Assessment preparation time
– Assessment time
– Supported self-study time
Each module will take 80-90 hours Notional learning time.
There are three assessment sessions per year within the new CIM qualification.
Each of the modules are delivered from Cardiff Gate Business Park and students benefit from:
- Two days' attendance
- Experience - both tutors have 30 years' experience of delivering CIM courses
- Support - we provide post-course support right up to the time you do your assessment and online test
- Limited course numbers (often 6-8 delegates)
- Online learning - comprising notes, slides, activities, links and digital marketing updates
- Monthly delivery - every month we deliver one of the modules
Download and print off our Professional Certificate in Marketing brochure.
How much does it cost?
Our qualifications and bite-size awards represent a sound investment in your future and your employer may therefore be willing to sponsor you.
The full cost of the CIM Professional Marketing (Digital) is £1440 +VAT (payable to the Study Centre). This cost also includes a complimentary 1-day Google Analytics Masterclass (worth £195) which you can attend anytime in your first year (applicable to those booking from July 2018). The CIM costs are £145 per assessment (3 in total) and a yearly membership fee of £60. You should allocate a £40-50 spend on books. If you are self-financing, there may also be payment options open to you. Please speak to our CIM co-ordinator on 02920 005778 regarding this.
If you study one or two individual modules the cost per module is £500 + VAT.