As a marketer, it is important to understand a number of key concepts and be able to apply them to your business environment. This module will give you a grounding in a number of core principles. Marketing Principles is a mandatory module in the Foundation Certificate in Marketing. Completing this module gives you the Award and completion of one of the Elective Modules: Digital Essentials or Customer Communications gives you the full CIM Foundation Certificate in Marketing.
|Marketing Principles||Cardiff||February 14-15, 2019||£445|
|Digital Essentials||Cardiff||March 14-15, 2019||£445|
|Marketing Principles||Cardiff||April 4-5, 2019||£445|
|Digital Essentials||Cardiff||May 9-10, 2019||£445|
|CIM Fees Total £260. Prices exclude VAT.|
Aims of the module
You will understand the key concepts and terminology used in marketing. This module also gives you a knowledge and understanding of the role and function of marketing within organisations and explores the factors that can in uence consumer behaviour. You will identify key components of the marketing environment and develop an appreciation of how to collect and use relevant information. The module outlines the concepts and elements which make up the marketing mix and shows you how they are applied in context.
Three units with two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria. By the end of this module you should be able to:
Unit 1: Discovering marketing
– Describe the role and function of marketing within organisations
– Explain the factors that influence consumer behaviour
Unit 2: The marketing environment
– Identify the key components of the marketing environment
– Know how to collect relevant information about the marketing environment
Unit 3: The marketing mix
– Describe the concept and elements of the marketing mix
– Know how the marketing mix is applied in di erent contextual settings
The examination will comprise 50 multiple-choice questions to be completed in a 90 minute controlled assessment.
How long will it take to study?
Notional learning time is the amount of time expected to take, on average, to complete the learning outcomes of a module to the standard defined by the assessment criteria. This includes:
– Guided learning hours
– Practical and work-based learning – Assessment preparation time
– Assessment time
– Supported self-study time
Each module will take 80-90 hours Notional learning time.
There are three assessment sessions per year within the new CIM qualification.
Each of the modules are delivered from Cardiff Gate Business Park and students benefit from:
- Two days' attendance
- Experience - both tutors have 30 years' experience of delivering CIM courses
- Support - we provide post-course support right up to the time you do your assessment and online test
- Limited course numbers (often 6-8 delegates)
- Online learning - comprising notes, slides, activities, links and digital marketing updates
- Monthly delivery - every month we deliver one of the modules
Download and Print off our Foundation Certificate brochure.
How much does it cost?
Our qualifications and bite-size awards represent a sound investment in your future and your employer may therefore be willing to sponsor you.
The cost of the Foundation Certificate is £890 +VAT. The CIM costs are £105 per assessment (2 in total) and a yearly fee of £60 You should allocate a £40-50 spend on books.