Digital Fundamentals is a 12-credit mandatory module which sits within the suite of Level 3 modules. To gain the CIM Level 3 Foundation Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing, a pass in Marketing Principles and Digital Fundamentals is required. If studied as a standalone module, the CIM Level 3 Award in Digital Fundamentals (VRQ) can be achieved.
|Digital Fundamentals||Virtual Classroom||Aug 6-7, 2020||£495|
|Marketing Principles||Virtual Classroom||Sep 28, 29 & 30, 2020||£495|
|Digital Fundamentals||Virtual Classroom||Oct 29-30, 2020||£495|
|CIM Fees Total £275. Prices above exclude VAT.|
Aims of the module
This module provides an introduction to the main aspects of digital marketing.
On completion of the module, you will have an appreciation of the impact that digital technology has had on marketing activities and its effect on customers. You will have an understanding of the digital marketing tools available, how those tools can be used and how to develop digital marketing content.
Finally, you will know how to develop digital communications campaigns and how the effectiveness of those campaigns can be measured.
The module comprises three units with two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by way of a portfolio/ assignment. By the end of this module you should be able to:
Unit 1: Fundamentals of Digital Marketing
- Understand the impact of digital technology on marketing activities (15%)
- Understand the effect of digital technology on customers (15%)
Unit 2: Digital Marketing Tools
- Understand the use of digital marketing tools (20%)
- Outline the development of digital marketing content (20%)
Unit 3: Developing Digital Communications Campaigns
- Know how to develop digital marketing communications campaigns (20%)
- Understand how to measure digital marketing communications campaigns (10%)
The assessment will require submission of a portfolio/assignment based on a theme and an organisation of choice.
Explore the full Foundation Certificate in Marketing qualification.
How long will it take to study?
Notional learning time is the amount of time expected to take, on average, to complete the learning outcomes of a module to the standard defined by the assessment criteria. This includes:
– Guided learning hours
– Practical and work-based learning – Assessment preparation time
– Assessment time
– Supported self-study time
Each module will take 80-90 hours Notional learning time.
There are three assessment sessions per year within the new CIM qualification.
Each of the modules are delivered from Cardiff Gate Business Park and students benefit from:
- Two days' attendance per module
- Experience - both tutors have 30 years' experience of delivering CIM courses
- Support - we provide post-course support right up to the time you do your assessment and online test
- Limited course numbers (often 6-8 delegates)
- Online learning - comprising notes, slides, activities, links and digital marketing updates
- Monthly delivery - every month we deliver one of the modules
Download and Print off our CIM Foundation Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing brochure
How much does it cost?
Our qualifications and bite-size awards represent a sound investment in your future and your employer may therefore be willing to sponsor you.
The cost of the Foundation Certificate is £990 +VAT. The CIM costs are £110 per assessment (2 in total) and a yearly membership fee of £65. You should allocate a £40-50 spend on books.
If you are self-financing, there may be payment options open to you. This will allow you to spread the cost of the course over a period of a few months. Please speak to our CIM co-ordinator on 02920 005778 regarding this.
If you have been made redundant, then you may be eligible for ReAct funding of up to £1500 of the cost of your course. We accept ReAct beneficiaries and have dealt with students through the ReAct scheme for many years. Find out more about ReAct from the Careers Wales website.