The Digital Essentials module is one of the Elective modules in the Foundation Certificate in Marketing. Completing this module and the mandatory Marketing Principles module will give you the Certificate. Completion of just this module gives you the Award. Through this module, you will be able to understand what is meant by digital marketing and the key communication tools used. If your job already involves digital marketing or you wish to find out about digital marketing with the intention of starting out on a marketing career, then this elective module is suitable for you.
|Sept 7-8, 2017||Marketing Principles|
|Oct 19-20, 2017||Digital Essentials|
|Nov 30-Dec 1, 2017||Marketing Principles|
|Feb 1-2, 2018||Digital Essentials|
|CIM Fees Total £250. Prices exclude VAT.|
Aims of the module
It outlines the key factors that influence the digital consumer including social networks and virtual communities. It identifies the importance of developing campaign content aimed at specific market segments and how campaigns can be measured.
The module comprises six learning outcomes and each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria. By the end of this module, you should be able to:
1. Understand what is meant by digital marketing.
2. Understand the key factors that influence the digital consumer.
3. Understand the key digital marketing communications tools.
4. Understand how to develop digital marketing content.
5. Be able to develop digital marketing campaigns.
6. Understand methods of measuring digital marketing campaigns.
You will be assessed by assignment based on a given scenario and an organisation of choice.
Explore the full Foundation Certificate in Marketing qualification.
How long will it take to study?
Notional learning time is the amount of time expected to take, on average, to complete the learning outcomes of a module to the standard defined by the assessment criteria. This includes:
– Guided learning hours
– Practical and work-based learning – Assessment preparation time
– Assessment time
– Supported self-study time
Each module will take 80-90 hours Notional learning time.
There are three assessment sessions per year within the new CIM qualification.
Each of the modules are delivered from Cardiff Gate Business Park and students benefit from:
- Two days' attendance per module
- Experience - both tutors have 30 years' experience of delivering CIM courses
- Support - we provide post-course support right up to the time you do your assessment and online test
- Limited course numbers (often 6-8 delegates)
- Online learning - comprising notes, slides, activities, links and digital marketing updates
- Monthly delivery - every month we deliver one of the modules
How much does it cost?
Our qualifications and bite-size awards represent a sound investment in your future and your employer may therefore be willing to sponsor you.
The cost of the Foundation Certificate is £850. The CIM costs are £100 per assessment and a yearly fee of £50. You should allocate a £40-50 spend on books.Digital Essentials - CIM Foundation Certificate in Marketing