Marketing and Digital Strategy is a 17-credit elective module which sits within the suite of Level 6 modules. To gain the CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing a pass in all THREE mandatory modules is required. However, each module can be taken as a standalone module to gain a module award. One module, Marketing and Digital Strategy, is common to both CIM qualifications, the CIM Level 6 Diploma in Digital Professional Marketing and the CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Marketing.
|Marketing and Digital Strategy||September 23, 24 & 25, 2020|
|Courses start at 9.15 am and end at 4.30 pm; lunch and refreshments are included. Prices exclude VAT.|
What are the aims of the module?
This module will enable you to take both a traditional and digital strategic approach to marketing planning, integrating digital strategy, models, frameworks and techniques throughout to achieve competitive advantage.
You will be able to recognise the significance of situation analysis and use techniques to assess the external and internal environments that enable effective decision making. You will also be able to apply all stages within the marketing planning process – from the audit, through strategic decision making, to implementation of plans across both traditional and digital channels.
Finally, you will learn how to manage resources and employ monitoring and measurement techniques that enable the achievement of strategic marketing objectives.
How is the module structured?
The module comprises three units of two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by way of assignment. The assessment will require submission of an assignment based on a given scenario and an organisation of choice.
Unit 1: Situation Analysis
Understand how to analyse an organisation’s current and future internal and external environments (15%)
Interpret relevant information and insights to recommend and inform strategic decision making (15%)
Unit 2: Planning
- Develop marketing objectives and strategy to deliver organisational objectives (20%)
- Develop a strategic marketing plan and a supporting marketing mix to deliver marketing objectives (20%)
Unit 3: Implementation and Control
- Define the resources required to deliver the strategic marketing plan (15%)
- Apply the results of monitoring and measurements, and adapt the marketing plan for continuous improvement (15%)
How long will it take to study?
- Each module will take 130 – 150 hours of notional learning time
- Notional learning time includes guided learning hours, practical and work-based learning, assessment preparation time, assessment time and supported self-study time
There are three assessment sessions per year within the new CIM qualification.
How do we deliver the courses?
Each of the modules are delivered from Cardiff Gate Business Park and students benefit from:
- Three days' attendance
- Experience - our tutors have many years' experience of delivering CIM courses and of working in industry
- Support - we provide post-course support right up to the time you do your assessment
- Limited course numbers (often 6-8 delegates)
- Online learning - comprising notes, slides, activities, links and digital marketing updates
- Frequent delivery - this Diploma will have 2-3 cohorts per year
Download and print off our CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing brochure.
How much does it cost?
Our qualifications and bite-size awards represent a sound investment in your future and your employer may therefore be willing to sponsor you.
The introductory cost of the CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing will be £1950 +VAT (payable to the Study Centre). Individual modules cost £700 +VAT. If you are self-financing, there may also be payment options open to you. Please speak to our CIM co-ordinator regarding this.
Annual registration fee - £65
Total assessment fees - £555 (£435**)
*Figures based on successful completion at first attempt; this price does not include the fee for any resits required.
**Discount available to members who reside in countries listed as eligible for an International reduced rate.