Digital Strategy is a 15-credit elective module which sits within the suite of Level 6 modules. To gain the CIM Level 6 Digital Diploma in Professional Marketing a pass in all THREE mandatory modules is required. However, each module can be taken as a standalone module to gain a module award. One module, Digital Strategy, is common to both CIM qualifications, the CIM Level 6 Digital Diploma in Professional Marketing and the CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Marketing.
|Digital Strategy||March 2019 TBC|
|Courses start at 9.15 am and end at 4.30 pm; lunch and refreshments are included. Prices exclude VAT.|
Aims of the Module
This module provides insight into how organisations can implement digital marketing capabilities into strategic marketing planning. It outlines how an understanding and analysis of the macro- and micro-environments can enable organisations to assess the impact of the disruptive digital landscape in delivering objectives, in order to develop strategic recommendations. It provides recognition of how creating digital marketing mixes can enable organisations to respond with agility to market needs. It examines how the management of digital channels and the application of key digital measures help to achieve business objectives.
The module comprises three units of two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by way of assignment. The assessment will require submission of an assignment based on a given scenario and an organisation of choice.
- Understand the strategic implications of the disruptive digital environment
- Generate relevant insights into key emerging themes within the digital marketing environment
- Develop strategic recommendations in response to the need to acquire, convert and retain customers
- Deliver an agile response to changing customer behaviours
- Know how to manage and optimise key channels and content within a digitally enhanced strategic plan
- Apply key digital measures to analyse social, sentiment, search and site behaviour
How long will it take to study?
- Each module will take 130 – 150 hours of notional learning time
- Notional learning time includes guided learning hours, practical and work-based learning, assessment preparation time, assessment time and supported self-study time
There are three assessment sessions per year within the new CIM qualification.
Each of the modules are delivered from Cardiff Gate Business Park and students benefit from:
- Three days' attendance
- Experience - our tutors have many years' experience of delivering CIM courses and of working in industry
- Support - we provide post-course support right up to the time you do your assessment
- Limited course numbers (often 6-8 delegates)
- Online learning - comprising notes, slides, activities, links and digital marketing updates
- Frequent delivery - this Diploma will have 2-3 cohorts per year
Download and print off our Digital Diploma in Professional Marketing brochure.
How much does it cost?
Our qualifications and bite-size awards represent a sound investment in your future and your employer may therefore be willing to sponsor you.
The cost of the Professional Certificate in Marketing is £1950 (+VAT).
The CIM costs are £180 per assessment and a yearly fee of £60.