|Marketing and Digital Strategy||Starts November 2019|
|Digital Optimisation||Starts January 2020|
|The Digital Customer Experience||Starts March 2020|
|Courses start at 9.15 am and end at 4.30 pm; lunch and refreshments are included. Prices exclude VAT.|
The CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing is designed to offer progression from all CIM Level 4 qualifications and also links with the Level 6 Diploma in Professional Marketing.
Successful completion of the CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing will equip the student with the knowledge, skills and understanding to support decision making within a digital context at an operational level and carry out an essential and successful professional marketing role within the workplace.
To achieve the CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing, a pass is required in each of the three modules. The qualification has been structured to reflect the need for flexible and bite sized approach for today’s professional digital marketer. Each module can be achieved as a distinct, self-contained award which, if required, can be built up to attain the full qualification.
Driving Digital Experience (mandatory) - This module will enable you to take both a traditional and digital strategic approach to marketing planning, integrating digital strategy, models, frameworks and techniques throughout to achieve competitive advantage.
Digital Optimisation (mandatory) – This module will provide you with an in-depth understanding of the strategic implications of developments in the digital environment, as well as their impact on marketing.
The Digital Customer Experience (mandatory) - This module provides you with insights into the digital customer experience and highlights ways to adapt to this changing market, allowing you to fulfil customers’ strategic needs.
To achieve the CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing, a pass is required in each of the three modules. However, each module in its own right, once completed, gives you a distinct, self-contained award which can be built up to attain the full Diploma.
Who’s it for?
The CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing is aimed at those working in an operational, supervisory or management role who wish to develop their knowledge of digital techniques and their application to a number of marketing related projects. The student will typically be operating in or aspiring to work in a digital marketing role and will be required to create digital solutions within the wider marketing plan. The qualification will develop both knowledge and the level of applied skills required.
Typical Job titles may include the following: digital marketing manager, digital communications manager, content marketing specialist and customer experience manager.
How will it benefit you?
- Get a unique and practical career development experience
- Improve your global competitive advantage and increase your employability
- Expand your confidence, skills and competencies to influence at management level
- Keep up with the latest trends and stay ahead in your field
- CIM qualifications are recognised by businesses all over the world
One or more of the following is required to gain entry onto this qualification:
- CIM Level 4 Professional Certificate in Marketing or CIM Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing or CIM Level 4 Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing
- any relevant Level 4 qualification
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, with at least one third of credits coming from marketing content (i.e. 120 credits in Bachelor's degrees or 60 credits with Master's degrees)
- professional practice (suggested two years marketing in an operational role) and diagnostic assessment onto Level 6
If English is not your first language, you will also need to provide evidence of achieving one of the following English Language qualifications within the last two years: IELTS Academic Module with overall score of 6.5 (each component pass mark must be 6.0 or above) or Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English grade B or above. CIM will consider other equivalent alternatives.
The assessment methodology for the three modules contained within the CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing are all assignment based. All assignments are employer driven, practitioner based, relevant and appropriate for business needs.
In addition, assessments for all qualifications comply with regulatory requirements, are fit for purpose, fair, valid, reliable and manageable to ensure confidence in the standard of learner achievement.
- Marketing & Digital Strategy – external assessment: an assignment based on a theme and an organisation of choice.
- Digital Optimisation – external assessment: an assignment based on a theme and an organisation of choice.
- The Digital Customer Experience – external assessment: an assignment based on a theme and an organisation of choice.
In addition, assessments for all qualifications comply with regulatory requirements, and are fit for purpose, fair, valid, reliable and manageable to ensure con dence in the standard of learner achievement. All assessments are by assignment.
How long will it take to study?
Notional learning time is the amount of time expected to take, on average, to complete the learning outcomes of a module to the standard defined by the assessment criteria. This includes:
– Guided learning hours
– Practical and work-based learning – Assessment preparation time
– Assessment time
– Supported self-study time
Each module will take 130-150 hours Notional learning time. There are three assessment sessions per year within the new CIM qualification. We anticipate that students will take, from start date to finally assignment hand-in, 9 months.
Ways to study
- We differ to many organisations as we offer face-to-face study, with each module delivered over 2 days (during the week), in addition to one study day (on a Saturday).
- We also offer email and phone support after the course, along with online support.
How much does it cost?
Our qualifications and bite-size awards represent a sound investment in your future and your employer may therefore be willing to sponsor you. We also have payment plans for those who are self-funding.
The introductory cost of the CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing will be £1950 +VAT (payable to the Study Centre). If you are self-financing, there may also be payment options open to you. Please speak to our CIM co-ordinator regarding this.
Annual registration fee - £60
Total assessment fees - £540 (£420**)
*Figures based on successful completion at first attempt; this price does not include the fee for any resits required.
**Discount available to members who reside in countries listed as eligible for an International reduced rate.
What should I do next?
Please download and take some time to go through the Digital Diploma brochure. It covers pretty much everything that we have detailed on this site.
If you would like to book on to the The CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing, please select the cohort you would like to attend in the table at the top of this page or from one of the modules and complete the booking form.
Feel free to give us a call between 8.30 am - 6.00 pm on 02920 005778
If you've got any queries, send us an email through our CIM Enquiry form.