Learn to build and manage sites on the WordPress platform
Whether you are looking to kickstart your business with a new online presence or to improve your basic knowledge of WordPress, this course should be of interest to you. Over 1 day we will help you get to grips with the creation and management of WordPress websites. It is aimed at marketing managers/assistants, digital marketing staff, creative teams and business startups.
|Dec 10, 2019||Portland Place, London||Early Bird £319(not £339)||Book Now|
|Jan 28, 2020||Portland Place, London||Early Bird £319(not £339)||Book Now|
|Mar 3, 2020||Portland Place, London||Early Bird £319(not £339)||Book Now|
|Dec 12, 2019||Llanishen, Cardiff||Early Bird £199 (not £219)||Book Now|
|Jan 7, 2020||Llanishen, Cardiff||Early Bird £199 (not £219)||Book Now|
|Feb 4, 2020||Llanishen, Cardiff||Early Bird £199 (not £219)||Book Now|
|Start: 9.15 am and end: 4.30 pm. Lunch/refreshments are included. 10% off for 2 or more. Prices ex. VAT.|
On completion of this 1-day course you will:
- Understand the fundamentals of WordPress
- Learn how to set up a WordPress site from scratch
- Learn how to add widgets, change themes and create menus
- Find out how to write blog posts and pages
- Be able to add and embed a number of different media
- Understand how to engage visitors
Session 1 - A close look at the blogosphere
- Who blogs and why do they blog?
- What are the main platforms?
- What is the difference between WordPress.com and Wordpess.org?
Session 2 - Defining objectives
- What are your business objectives?
- Who is your audience?
Session 3 - Blogging fundamentals
- Exploring themes and page layout
- How do posts differ from pages?
- Evaluating different styles of blogs from diverse companies.
Session 4 - Setting up a blog
- Starting out: domain name, mapping, layout, etc
- Theme selection and considerations
- Using and adding menus
- What are widgets and how can we add them?
- Developing simple content articles.
Session 5 - Writing content
- Aligning your content to your business objectives
- Knowing when to write pages/posts and creating a blog diary
- How to write SEO-friendly and good quality content
- Learn over 25 great writing techniques
- Discover the importance of context
- Explore how to format - from links to embeds
Session 6 - Sourcing content and creating images
- Understanding the context of your business
- Using Twitter and Facebook to find quality content
- Sourcing and creating great images for headers and articles
Session 7 - Finding viewers and keeping them
- How to use Social media and connect your channels
- Setting up RSS to email notifications
- Using Google Search console to support your blog.
- Considering blogger outreach and influencers
Session 8 - Measurement, 3rd party apps and future planning
- Learn how the stats within WordPress work and what they mean
- Connect third party accounts
- Start blogging from a mobile device
- Consider the benefits of WordPress.org vs WordPress.com
Q & A
The cost of the course starts at £295 (London) and £175 (Cardiff), though early-bird discounts can apply (see below). The cost includes:
- Course materials
- Full access to our online knowledge centre with useful documents and links
- Get 10% off course bookings if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird pricing).
- If you have 2 or more staff attending we can offer a discount (not applicable to Early Bird pricing).
Cardiff location (training)
Our principal training venue is located in the offices of Liberty Marketing in Cardiff Business Park, Llanishen. This location is conveniently located between the M4 (junction 32) and Cardiff City Centre, making it easily accessible from Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, the valleys and South West England. Please note on occasion our training venues may be located in Cardiff City centre (always check the events page for correct location).
Find out how to get to the Cardiff Business Park venue.
London location (training)
The venue for the workshop is in the heart of London and therefore ideal for transport links. We hold the training at either Portland Place or Holborn Bars in London. Both venues offer free wifi, teas/coffees and a sit-down lunch in a restaurant on-site.
Computers are NOT available at Cardiff or London venues. We are able to source laptops but would have to charge for this. However, there is complementary, fast wi-fi access available throughout the venue.
Should your organisation require, we can arrange to have the workshop delivered either at your location or a venue closer to your workplace. Please contact us for prices.
For those who have been, or are about to be made redundant, you may well be eligible for funding from the Welsh Government ReAct Scheme. Visit our funding page to find out more information.
Book Online Today