Virtual Classrooms Go Live!
For the next few months this course will be delivered live through a virtual platform. All courses are delivered through Zoom which allows us to stream HD-quality video of our courses direct to your laptop, desktop or tablet. These courses are limited to a maximum of 6 people. Learn more about Virtual Classrooms.
SEO Content 101, delivered by Head of Content at Liberty Marketing, Philip Woodward, arms writers with the tools and knowledge they need to create quality web content. Delegates will learn SEO best practice, understand how to use Google Analytics to improve their content and build an effective content plan.
On completion of this 1-day course you will:
- Understand how search engines work in 2020
- Know how to create content that search engines will rank and users will love
- Build a mini calendar of search-friendly content ideas that are relevant to your industry
- Discover how to create more effective content
- Learn how to use Google Analytics and Google Search Console to improve content
|Sep 25, 2020||Virtual Classroom||£355||Book Now|
|Oct 23, 2020||Virtual Classroom||£355||Book Now|
|Time: 9.15 am - 4.30 pm. Lunch/refreshments included. Prices ex. VAT. 10% discount for 2 or more delegates*.|
Modules covered on the day
Introduction: What is SEO?
- What is SEO?
- Why is it important?
- What Google want
- How Google works in 2019
SEO 101: How Search Works
- Links: what they are, how they work and why they’re important
- Social Signals and other offsite ranking factors
- Keywords: what they are, how to find them and why they’re important
- How Google understands content engagement
- Avoiding penalties and staying on the right side of Google
Creating Web Content Google Loves
- Using the right keywords
- Optimising meta information
- Optimising body content
- Optimising images
- What not to do when writing web pages
- Exercise: Page Writing
Understanding Analytics for Content
- Your Analytics Options
- Auditing with Google Analytics
- Qualitative Upcycling
- Auditing with Google Search Console
- Technical Upcycling
- Exercise: Page Analysis
The Anatomy of Great Content
- Why great content is so important
- Identifying search trends and longtail opportunities
- Using social channels effectively
- Ensuring content works
- Understanding the sales funnel
- Structuring a content plan
- Exercise: Creating Your Content Plan
- Review and recap.
- Q & A.
Who is it aimed at?
This course is aimed at beginner to intermediate-level students, who have a basic understanding of what SEO and Content are but would like to further develop their knowledge. People from marketing, sales, customer care and the technical departments will all find this course of interest.
Phil has previously conducted content training for dozens of brands, including Benefit Cosmetics, Not on the High Street, Swansea Uni, Universal Music Group, Welsh Government, Sport Wales.
Phil heads up the Content Marketing team at Liberty.
“The feedback has been unanimously positive. The whole thing was perfectly tailored to the group so couldn’t be more pleased”
Director of Digital
Universal Music Group
“We've had great feedback from those who attended! Many spoke of how constructive they found your advice and that it's helped them realise where to focus their attention. It was a fruitful session for all those that attended and I am more than grateful how you lead this and made it happen so smoothly.”
Not on the High Street
Delegates rates for Cardiff courses start from £355 (+VAT) and for London £455 per person and include:
- Course material
- Access to a password-protected SEO Content section which features videos, articles, podcasts, videocasts, PowerPoint slides, book links and more.
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- Get 10% off course bookings if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird discounts).
- If you have 2 or more staff attending, we can offer a discount (off the Standard NOT Early Bird rate).
Courses start at 9.00 am, though we ask delegates to arrive at the venue between 8.45 - 9.00. The courses end at 4.30 pm and lunch is usually taken at 12.30 pm with tea and coffee breaks mid morning and mid afternoon. To work out your travel times, please see the venue addresses below. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know.
Cardiff location (training)
Our principle training venue is Cardiff Gate Business Park, though this can change from month-to-month (please note the venue from the table above). This location is situated between Junction 32 of the M4 and central Cardiff, making it ideal for those travelling from Cardiff, Newport, the South West England, West Wales and the South Wales Valleys. Our CIM and CAM courses generally take place here, along with 1-day workshops.
London location (training)
The venue for the workshop is in the heart of London and therefore ideal for transport links. We hold the training at either Portland Place or Holborn Bars in London. Both venues offer free wifi, teas/coffees and a sit-down lunch in a restaurant on-site.
Should your organisation require, we can arrange to have the workshop delivered either at your location or a venue closer to your workplace. Check out our In-House page for more details.
For those who have been, or are about to be made redundant, you may well be eligible for funding from the Welsh Government ReAct Scheme. Visit our funding page to find out more information.
Book online today
* Discounts of 10% available off standard (not Early Bird) pricing for charities or for 2 or more people.