|Mar 21, 2019||Cardiff Business Park, Cardiff||Early Bird: £225 (Standard £245)||Book Now|
|Apr 18, 2019||Cardiff Business Park, Cardiff||Early Bird: £225 (Standard £245)||Book Now|
|May 23, 2019||Cardiff Business Park, Cardiff||Early Bird: £225 (Standard £245)||Book Now|
|Mar 6, 2019||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £325 (Standard £345)||Book Now|
|Apr 3, 2019||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £325 (Standard £345)||Book Now|
|Courses start at 9.15 am and end at 4.30 pm; lunch and refreshments are included. Prices exclude VAT.|
Our Introduction to Digital Marketing course draws on our experience teaching CIM/CAM Digital Marketing courses and 1-day workshops. This intensive 1-day course will provide you with both the theoretical and practical skills to start planning digital marketing campaigns within your own organisation. You will leave the course with your own digital marketing plan template.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for those who want to get a better understanding of digital marketing. It is ideal for those who are new to marketing or those who want to make sure that they are approaching digital marketing correctly and using the right tools.
On completion of this 1-day course you will:
- Understand how to develop a Digital Marketing Plan
- Know how SEO works and the role content plays
- Have a clear understanding of the mani social media networks and how to use them
- Understand the role advertising and email plays
- Have learnt about Google Analytics and the importance of measurement
The Digital Environment
- What is Digital Marketing?
- Characteristics of Digital Marketing
- Difference between digital and traditional marketing
- Customer expectations
- Online Customer Journey
Developing a Digital Marketing Plan
- Introduction to PR Smith's SOSTAC® Planning Framework
- Carrying out an audit
- Identifying objectives and developing a strategy
- Implementing tactics
- The importance of measurement
- Website objectives
- Types of website
- Aspects of website design
- Websites and devices
- Websites and Google
SEO and Content
- What is SEO?
- Why is it important?
- What does Google look for?
- Developing links
- The importance of content marketing
- Google Local and Search Console
- The Social Media landscape
- Social Media fundamentals
- Different options for Social Media
- Exploration of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- What about Pinterest and Blogging?
Online Advertising and Email
- What is online advertising?
- Google Ads for Search
- Google Ads for Display
- Paid advertising on Social Media
- What is email and how should we use it?
- Creating goals and lists
- Preparing campaigns and measurement
Measuring Digital Marketing
- What is Google Analytics?
- What are metrics?
- Measuring success/failure in GA
- Key elements of GA
- Creating Goals
- Recap and QA.
Who delivers the course?
Our Introduction to Digital Marketing course is delivered by tutors who have years of experience delivering both CIM courses and 1-day workshops. They understand the needs of digital marketing learners and also have many years of industry experience as digital marketing practitioners.
Delegates rates for Cardiff courses start from £225 (+VAT) and for London £325 per person and include:
- Course material
- One hour 1-t0-1 session by Zoom to discuss your specific needs after the course
- Access to a password-protected Google Analytics blog which features videos, articles, podcasts, videocasts, PowerPoint slides, book links and more.
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- Get 10% off course bookings if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird discounts).
- If you have 2 or more staff attending, we can offer a discount (off the Standard NOT Early Bird rate).
Courses start at 9.00 am, though we ask delegates to arrive at the venue between 8.45 - 9.00. The courses end at 4.30 pm and lunch is usually taken at 12.30 pm with tea and coffee breaks mid morning and mid afternoon. To work out your travel times, please see the venue addresses below. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know.
Cardiff location (training)
Our principal training venue is located in the offices of Liberty Marketing in Cardiff Business Park, Llanishen. This location is conveniently located between the M4 (junction 32) and Cardiff City Centre, making it easily accessible from Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, the valleys and South West England. Please note on occasion our training venues may be located in Cardiff City centre (always check the events page for correct location).
Find out how to get to the Cardiff Business Park venue.
London location (training)
The venue for the workshop is in the heart of London and therefore ideal for transport links. We hold the training at either Portland Place or Holborn Bars in London. Both venues offer free wifi, teas/coffees and a sit-down lunch in a restaurant on-site.
Should your organisation require, we can arrange to have the workshop delivered either at your location or a venue closer to your workplace. Check out our In-House page for more details.
For those who have been, or are about to be made redundant, you may well be eligible for funding from the Welsh Government ReAct Scheme. Visit our funding page to find out more information.