Whenever you decide to write a blog article you always have the theme/idea in mind about what you are going to write and, more often than not, during the course of your research you will end up either going to trusted sources or using Google to discover new ones. If I'm writing a social media article, I often visit sites like Social Media Examiner, Social Media Today or Hubspot, either looking for stats or the latest news or simply to just get ideas. Other sources for ideas would include , Mashable, Wired or Techcrunch. As you can see these are all news sites/blogs but if you want information from the company's perspective on new products, tips or upgrades, you might be better off taking a look at their blog sections.
So, with this in mind, I thought I'd identify for you some of the blog sections of the most popular social media platforms and also to highlight some articles which you might find of use/interest.
Unlike many of the blogs you may visit the LinkedIn blog is bang-up-to-date - actually appearing to blog on a daily basis. Also, unlike many other blogs of a similar nature, it has a fresh and colourful luck feel about it. The articles are varied and just don't look at the tips and tools of LinkedIn but also, broadly, look at the other aspects of digital marketing. These are some of the articles that caught my eye on LinkedIn blog:
- The Secret to Better Engagement on LinkedIn, According to Hootsuite
- 5 Non-Obvious Ways to Improve Your LinkedIn Company Page
- Learn How Amazing Storytelling Can Elevate Your Content Marketing [eBook]
Instagram business blog
Instagram don't blog as frequently as LinkedIn - in fact the last blog article that they wrote was in July. However, it's always worthwhile to check out their blog every so often as they will highlight the latest product announcements and tips on how to use some of their latest product features. What's also pretty useful is that each of the articles includes links to either the business section or help section of LinkedIn, so that you can get more information.
- Stories: They're where your customers share and discover things they love
- Creative secrets of Instagram Stories
- Making it easier to do business on Instagram
Twitter Business Outlook
Twitter does have a blog on its website, which covers a number of important issues such as user safety and mental health and updates. However, I thought it would be more useful to point you in the direction of Twitter Business Outlook, which offers advice on how to get the most out of twitter for your business. The site is nicely set up in a 'tiled' fashion and articles are broken down according to categories like inspiration, trends & insights and updates.
- How to use event targeting on Twitter
- How to nail down your brand's tone and voice
- 4 emerging video formats that drive performance on Twitter
Facebook for Business
Facebook has a Facebook media blog which has some very interesting articles but they tend to be purely focused on media. If you're looking at the advice, tips, latest information on Facebook, and Then the Facebook Business section is where you want to be headed. Its new stories are categorised according to Ads, Pages, Inspiration and Success Stories and I'm sure it will give you lots of ideas on how to further develop your Facebook business presence. You may want to check out these articles:
- Helping Businesses Chat with Customers at Scale on WhatsApp
- Grow Your Business: 3 Tips for Successful Targeting with the Facebook Pixel
- Stories: They’re Where Your Customers Share and Discover Things They Love