Discover new Social Media strategies and techniques for your organisation
Our beginner-intermediate social media course is aimed at marketers, business owners and PR professionals and will give you a clear understanding of how to effectively use social media for engaging, promoting, listening and much more. We have been delivering Social Media training courses in London for over 8 years and have delivered to more than 800+ students (see testimonials) from 100's of companies.
|Sept 25, 2018||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275*||Book now >>|
|Oct 22, 2018||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275*||Book now >>|
|Nov 19, 2018||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275*||Book now >>|
|Dec 17, 2018||Portland Place, London||Early Bird: £275*||Book now >>|
|Time: 9.15 am - 4.30 pm. Lunch/refreshments included. * Prices ex. VAT. 10% discount for 2 or more people.**|
Social Media Objectives
This session looks at the key planning methodology SOSTAC and essential concepts of Social Media, including the following:
- SOSTAC - developing a Social media strategy
- Social Media fundamentals & stats
- SEO and Social media
Twitter is one of the most cost-effective, real-time social networks out there. We will look at how Twitter works, how organisations use it and how you can use it to its full potential.
- What is it and how are organisations using it?
- What and how do you use elements like retweets, replies, hashtags, lists, etc?
- How to build and nurture a following.
- How to monitor, research and listen?
- 3rd party applications and analytics.
Facebook has 2 billion monthly active users and 30 million pages are updated by businesses daily. So, how can your organisation make the most of this social media channel?
- What are Facebook pages and how do organisations use them?
- Understanding the Facebook interface.
- Explore techniques to create great updates
- Discover tools and tips for adding images to Facebook
- Exploring Facebook Analytics and ads
Video and Image Sharing
The use of video and still images are fundamental to Social Media today. We explore how you can use them effectively in your social media activity.
- Exploring the channels - YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.
- How are they being used by organisations?
- Categorising media - how to guides, PR, FAQ's, testimonials, product previews, etc
- How to make your content more findable.
- Creating and embedding content and the role of user generated content.
LinkedIn is the biggest Professional Networking site in the world. This section explores how individuals and organisations can effectively use it to promote yourself or your business and build powerful connections.
- Creating high quality LinkedIn profiles.
- Developing connections and recommendations.
- Learn to craft engaging content on your timeline
- Using LinkedIn groups for yourself and your business.
- How to create and develop company pages.
Blogging has been used by both private & public sector, government and education since around 2002. But how can companies be using blogs in 2018?
- How are companies using blogs?
- Understanding how blogs work and how companies are using them.
- Blog ambassadors, blog strategies, editorial calendars & embedding content.
- Considering writing strategies for blogs.
Like most 1-day courses the Social Media course is non-accredited; however, to see our accredited courses visit this page.
Our London courses start from £275 per person and include:
- Course material
- Access to a password-protected Social Media blog which features videos, articles, podcasts, videocasts, PowerPoint slides, book links and more.
- Refreshments are available throughout the day
- Lunch is served in the on-site restaurant.
- If you have 2 or more staff attending we can offer a discount (not applicable to Early Bird or Special Offer pricing). For numbers above 5, you may want to look at our In-House courses.
- Get 10% off course bookings if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird pricing).
Our Social Media courses in London are delivered from two central London locations. They are Portland Place, which is opposite the BBC and Holborn Bars, which is located next to Chancery Lane tube station. Both locations are ideal for tube and rail connections.To work out your travel times, please visit the Portland Place or Holborn Bars pages.
Times, Refreshments and Lunch
Courses start at 9.00 am, though we ask delegates to arrive at the venue between 8.45 - 9.00 am. The courses end at 4.30 pm and lunch is usually taken at 12.30 pm with tea and coffee breaks mid morning and mid afternoon. To work out your travel times, please see the venue addresses below.
The facilities in Portland Place and Holborn Bars are second-to-none. Teas, coffees and pastries are served in the morning and afternoon. Lunch, which is included, is served in the award-winning Steam, Bake and Grill restaurant in the same building. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know.
Should your organisation require, we can arrange to have the workshop delivered either at your location or a venue closer to your workplace. Check out our In-House page for more details.
The social media course was excellent. Alun provided the group with lots of practical advice on how to make inspiring content and increase user engagement, and was happy to answer any questions or queries we had. He also used lots of fantastic examples that were really thought-provoking. I came away from the course with lots of ideas that I have been able to put into practice very successfully. As a result, engagement across my organisation’s social media platforms has increased significantly over the past five months.
Isabel Gillen-Smith, Professional Standards Officer
Architects Registration Board
I found the course very informative & extremely helpful. I didn’t really know what to expect but to be honest I was massively impressed with the information & advice I walked away with. Canva alone has been a great tool for me. I have been using paid advertising through FB & we’re already achieving results. Through the analytics I’ve been able to monitor traffic & we are on a steady increase.
The Social Media course I went on was fantastic. Alun was a fantastic instructor, whose approach was friendly and encouraging. I learned so much during the one day course, it was so engaging I could have easily stayed for the whole week to learn more. With great tips and links to useful blogs and websites, I can easily put skills learned into practice. I just want to say Thank You and I’m sure I will see you again. P.S the venue and lunch was great
Aimee-Jane Carpenter, Junior Account Manager
The Social Media Masterclass was the most informative and useful that I have attended. Marketing Tom provides all the information you need regarding social media and digital marketing practices as a whole including multiple social platforms, blogging, SEO, strategy and tips for getting the most your of your communications for your organisation.
I highly recommend Marketing Tom’s sessions to revolutionise the way your use social for business and help you to shape your future success. Thanks again for a great session!
Katie Peplow, Social Media Officer
Royal Voluntary Service
Alun's course gave me great insight into how to take our social media accounts to the next level. He crammed in an awful lot of content, but still kept the day light, fun and engaging.
Jan Butter, Director for Communication
The Anglican Communion