Discover How Social Media Can Be Made to Work for Your Organisation
|April 26, 2017||Nantgarw, Cardiff||£199||Book Now|
|May 24, 2017||Nantgarw, Cardiff||£199||Book Now|
|June 21, 2017||Nantgarw, Cardiff||£199||Book Now|
|Apr 24, 2017||Holborn Bars, London||Fully Booked|
|Apr 26, 2017||Holborn Bars, London||** New Date Early Bird £279 **||Book Now|
|May 22, 2017||Holborn Bars, London||Early Bird £279 (Not £299)||Book Now|
|Jun 19, 2017||Holborn Bars, London||Early Bird £279 (Not £299)||Book Now|
|Jul 17, 2017||Holborn Bars, London||Early Bird £279 (Not £299)||Book Now|
|Courses start at 9.15 am and end at 4.30 pm; lunch and refreshments are included. Prices exclude VAT.|
This 1-day, non-accredited course is aimed at giving attendees a good foundation in the world of social media (it is aimed at beginner-intermediate users). It provides an equal balance of interactive presentation and discussion on the applications that businesses and companies should be starting to use in their marketing mix. Our London courses are delivered from Portland Place in the heart of London (Regent's Park and Oxford Circus are both near) and our Cardiff courses from Cardiff Gate Business Park (with excellent road links to the M4 and A48). Workshop numbers are limited to a maximum of 10-12 and delegates.
Social Media Themes
Our first session will tackle the key concepts of Social Media and look at how it differs from other forms of marketing (both online and offline). We will also look at Search Engine Optimisation and discover why the principles of SEO are important for social media marketing. This session provides a solid foundation for the rest of the day
- Social Media Today - stats and facts
- Digital Media Touch points
- Use of updates across networks
- Listening, researching and monitoring
- Social proof
- Broadcast vs Engagement
- SEO and Social Media
- User-generated content
Twitter is one of the most undervalued and under-utilised of the social networks. We will explore how, using a mix of case studies and real-time examples how your company can use it to its full potential.
- Creating tweets, notifications, using video and images.
- Using retweets, notifications, direct messages, shortened URL's and hashtags.
- Building and nurturing a following.
- Exploring how companies use Twitter: engagement, PR, brand building, selling, customer care, sales promotion and much more.
- Monitoring, researching and listening.
- How to make the most out of new Twitter profiles.
Blogging has been around for well over a decade and is used by all types of organisations be they private & public sector, government and education use them. We explore how organisations use them and how you can maximise their use for SEO, engagement and much more.
- How are companies using blogs - brand awareness, customer engagement, as a PR tool.
- How can use use blogs?
- Exploring blog platforms, types of blogs and the content you would use.
- A look at blog ambassadors, blog strategies, editorial calendars and embedding content.
- What are micro blogs?
Video and Image Sharing
YouTube Instagram and Flickr are the biggest websites containing videos and images on the web. So, how are organisations using these tools to engage their audiences and to reach new prospects.
- Exploring the channels - YouTube, Instagram, Flickr and Pinterest.
- How are they being used by organisations?
- Categorising media - how to guides, PR, FAQ's testimonial, product previews, etc.
- How to make your content more findable.
- Creating and embedding content and role of user generated content.
Explore how your organisation can leverage the power of Facebook to improve its marketing efforts? How are organisations like Price Waterhouse, Aviva and Dell using Facebook and what are the implications of using Facebook for your organisation?
- What are Facebook pages?
- How are organisations using them?
- Deconstructing Facebook Pages - updates, cover photos and apps
- Content creation looking at types of content - text, video, images, links hashtags - and how to create engagement.
- How to generate more followers (likes)
- Facebook ads and sponsored stories - how to use them to target specific audiences.
LinkedIn is one of the biggest Professional Networking sites in the world. So, how does an organisation use it to develop new contacts, to enhance the online image of their company, to talk and engage with their peers and to advertise to specific audiences?
- Creating high quality LinkedIn profiles
- Developing connections and recommendations
- Degrees of separation, introductions and InMail
- Creating meaningful updates, segmenting them and sponsoring them.
- Creating ads to target and reach out to new audiences.
- Exploring open and private Groups: Inviting People, Managing a Group, and more
- Creating, Following and Updating Company Pages
Cost and Times
Delegates rates for our London courses are £299 (+VAT), Cardiff courses are £199 (+VAT) per person and include:
- Course material
- Access to a password-protected Social Media blog which features videos, articles, podcasts, videocasts, PowerPoint slides, book links and more.
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- Get 10% off course bookings if your organisation is a registered charity (not applicable to Early Bird, Special Offer or Reduced pricing).
- If you have 2 or more staff attending we can offer a discount (not applicable to Early Bird pricing).
Should your organisation require, we can arrange to have the workshop delivered either at your location or a venue closer to your workplace. Check out our In-House page for more details.
For those who have been, or are about to be made redundant, you may well be eligible for funding from the Welsh Government ReAct Scheme. Visit our funding page to find out more information.
Book Online Today
Please check out our Social Media testimonials.