The Chartered Institute of Marketing is retiring the CAM Diploma in Digital Marketing and we are running our last modules of this course. However, we are pleased to announce that the Chartered Institute of Marketing has approved Marketing Tom Media to deliver the CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing from January 2018. For more information on this New qualification, please visit the CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing (Digital) page.
The CAM Digital Marketing Essentials Award is a module in the CAM Diploma In Digital Marketing. This unit will provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary in planning digital marketing campaigns within organisations. It has three sections - campaign tools, their application, and monitoring digital marketing. More specifically, it covers Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Pay-per-click (PPC), new and emerging advertising media, email marketing, viral marketing, online PR, affiliate marketing and social media, digital metrics, legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
On successful completion of this unit, candidates will be able to:
- Explain the importance of digital media channels, planning, implementing and monitoring digital marketing.
- Explain the role of the essential elements of digital campaigns and describe the links between each technique.
- Explain how digital media channels can be coordinated to make them more effective than when used individually.
- Discuss how digital communications campaigns can be evaluated.
- Recommend improvements to a range of digital communications campaigns.
- Explain how digital marketing campaigns can be measured and monitored effectively.
- A classroom element, which involves two days attendance
- Online learning - comprising, notes, slides, activities, links and support.
The modules of the CAM Diploma in Digital Marketing require candidates to complete assessments. For the Digital Marketing Essentials Award candidates will complete a practical assignment, which is made up of 3 tasks. There are 3 exam boards during the Year: April, July and December.
You need to be educated to at least
- A’ Level standard (or equivalent) and fulfil at least one of these criteria:
- Have suitable competence in a marketing communications role.
- Hold any general Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Hold a CIM Introductory Certificate in Marketing (Level 2 or 3).
- Have an NVQ or SVQ Level 4 in any other subject (UK – equivalent to NGF Level 4 and above).
- Hold an International Baccalaureate (equivalent to NQF Level 3 and above) or a pass of the entry test onto Level 4.
- If English isn’t your first language, you will also need to provide us with evidence of at least IELTS 6.5 proficiency or Trinity ISE III/IV.
Exemptions exist for the CAM Diploma in Digital Marketing, meaning that you only have to study for two modules instead of three and thus saving money on the tuition fees. For more information, take a look at our exemptions page.
- £500 (+VAT).
- You will also need to factor in the costs of the CAM Foundation, which currently are: £144 for yearly membership (includes the same benefits as CIM Membership) and £85 per assignment. More details can be found on our CIM/CAM Membership page.
- ** Offer - if you apply for all 3 modules, we will include ONE Free Textbook **
Please check out our CAM Diploma testimonials.
People who may have been or are about to be made redundant, may be eligible for funding from one of the Welsh Government Schemes. Visit our funding page to find out more information.
Other modules in the CAM Diploma in Digital Marketing: