Digital Marketing Essentials
Cardiff: May 23rd and 24th, 2013
London: July, 2013
The CAM Digital Marketing Essentials Award is a core module in the CAM Diploma In Digital Marketing - the other two modules are Digital Marketing Planning and Marketing and Consumer Behaviour. This unit aims to provide candidates with the skills and knowledge necessary in planning digital marketing campaigns within organisations. The unit has three sections - campaign tools, their application, and monitoring digital marketing. More specifically, the unit covers Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Pay-per-click (PPC), new and emerging advertising media, email marketing, viral marketing, online PR, affiliate marketing and social media, digital metrics in the form of Voice of the Customer (VOC), A/B Tests and Usability studies, legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
Modules that will be discussed include:
- Campaign tools to include role of digital marketing mix, principles of digital marketing campaigns and the hardware and software tools available
- Using campaign tools will attempt to:
- Define and explain the e-marketing communications mix
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of using different media in relation to digital marketing:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the application of different advertisement types available:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the application of different PR activities available, distinguishing between pro-active and reactive
- Demonstrate an understanding of the application of different automated and non-automated sales and support activities available:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the application of different sales promotion activities available
- Demonstrate an understanding of the application of different viral marketing activities available:
- Discuss the impact of legislation, regulations and codes of practice on digital marketing campaigns
- Monitoring will attempt to explain and demonstrate:
- how the “marketing research mix” is applied to digital marketing and how metrics must match business, marketing and communications objectives:
- the purpose of measurement for digital campaigns
- the populations measured in digital campaigns
- an understanding of the application of the procedures used for measuring digital campaigns
- publication aspects of digital campaigns measurement
The new units of the CAM Diploma in Digital Marketing require candidates to complete assessments. For the Digital Marketing Essentials Award candidates will complete a practical assignment, which is made up of 3 tasks. There are 4 exam boards during the Year: March, June, September and December.
- A classroom element, which involves two days attendance
- Online learning - comprising, notes, slides, activities, links and support.
- £500 (+VAT).
- You will also need to factor in the costs of the CAM Foundation, which currently are: £140 for yearly membership (includes the same benefits as CIM Membership) and £85 per assignment. More details can be found on the CAM website.
- ** Offer - if you apply for all 3 modules you only pay £1400 instead of £1500 **
Register for Assessment
For March 2013 Assessment Board Registration, these are the deadlines: 14 December 2012 (online: 21 December 2012). Please visit the CIM website to complete this process.
Please take a look at the recommended CAM Digital Marketing Diploma books page to find the books you require for each course.
Other modules in the CAM Diploma in Digital Marketing: