The CAM Digital Marketing Planning unit replaces the older eMarketing Award. It aims to provide students with the skills and knowledge to understand the fundamental digital marketing planning concepts for an organisation together with key factors involved with the implementation, measurement and evaluation of successful campaigns. Online marketing has evolved from a peripheral element of organisational marketing to one that is at the hub of customer-centric communications in an increasingly multi-channel environment (e.g. Mobile).
The unit will consider a range of environmental factors both internal and external (e.g. legal) that will shape and influence the e-marketing planning and strategic process. Various e-business models will be explored. In addition, similarities and differences covering the mix elements in traditional and digital marketing will be addressed along with issues such as relationship marketing, permission and consumer concerns around privacy, trust and security.
Modules that are discussed include:
- Online and traditional marketing concepts and applications
- Online business modules
- Environmental factors impacting on online activity and plans
- The digital marketing mix
- Developing a marketing plan
The new units of the CAM Diploma in Digital Marketing require candidates to complete assessments. For the Digital Marketing Planning unit candidates should carry out a marketing audit of an organisation of their choice. Based on the findings, the candidate is required to develop a digital marketing plan that demonstrates relevant and effective planning, implementation and control elements within appropriate timescales.
This course has two delivery elements to it:
- A classroom element, which involves two days attendance
- Online learning - comprising, notes, slides, activities, links
- Introdutory price £500 (+VAT).
- You will also need to factor in the costs of the CAM Foundation, which currently are: £140 for yearly membership (includes the same benefits as CIM Membership) and £85 per assignment. More details can be found on the CAM website.