Today, marks the first year that Marketing Tom Media has been operating as a business. It has certainly been a very good year and it actually feels a lot longer than that. The past year has been very busy and here are some of the highlights:
- At the start of the year Marketing Tom Media became an Accredited Chartered Institute of Marketing Centre.
- In March the first of many Social Media Marekting Workshops were delivered - 40 people have now been on the course.
- In April I went to work in Indonesia as a European Union expert on digital marketing.
- In May the first eMarketing Award Workshops were delivered.
- In June I decide to dedicate myself full time to Marketing Tom and leave my old job.
- In July the first Google AdWords course is delivered.
- In July my first students sit the eMarketing Award test and pass - since then everyone has passed - most with A's or B's.
- Over the Summer I start working on two projects for the Welsh Assembly and begin working with some new projects on SME's. The consultancy side of the business now accounts for the larger share of business for Marketing Tom Media.
- In November I deliver presentations to the Welsh for Adults Conference in Newport and the College Network in Warwick.
- Today, 5th December, all 10 of my first batch of candidates for the eMarketing Award will find out they have passed - two with A's!
Thanks to everyone who has attended the courses, worked with me and helped me out over the past year. The 2nd year of Marketing Tom Media kicks off next week with the LeWeb conference in Paris, where I hope to further up my knowledge of Social Media. Let's just hope that 2009 takes the business up another notch or two.